Weaning can be so time 🕘🕝🕟🕠consuming…..
Here’s some tops tips to make it easier on you:
- Have a weekly plan of food to offer or at least have a plan for the day ahead and prepare as much as you can in advance
- Batch cook and batch cook again…we make at least double of everything!
- Keep meals simple
- If appropriate offer bits of food that you are having (by age one your baby should be able to eat your meals, with no added salt or sugar)
- Invest in an easy to clean high chair and if necessary a floor mat. A chair that sits right at or attaches to your table is a winner
- Get some cover up bibs that can be easily washed (these are a life saver for protecting clothes)
- Have the wipes at the ready
- Make use of your microwave
- If you have a group of friends with babies the same age you could all batch cook a variety of recipes and then do a swap